Hi! I'm currently a PhD student in Electrical Engineering at Stanford University. I'm interested in social algorithms and crowdsourced democracy, philosophy, and politics, among other things. I completed my undergraduate education at The University of Texas at Austin in Electrical & Computer Engineering and Plan II in 2015. I enjoy reading, camping, and listening to music in my spare time.
- Social Algorithms and Crowdsourced Democracy
- Mechanism Design and Modeling
- Data Analysis and Machine Learning
- Technology driven voting and deliberation
- Data in public policy
- Technological unemployment
- Wireless and spectrum policy; Internet policy, net neutrality, and privacy
12/16, Our work, "Collaborative Optimization for Collective Decision-making in Continuous Spaces" was accepted to WWW 2017. ArXiv version here.
6/15, Started summer internship program at IEEE WISE. Read about it here.
5/15, Graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a B.S. in ECE and a B.A. in Plan II with Highest and Special Honors
5/15, Launched ProjectAlexandria.net
, a book recommendation and exploration engine.
4/15, Decided to attend Stanford University to pursue a PhD starting in Fall 2015.
4/15, Awarded National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship